About O&M Division
Who Are We and What Are We Doing?
AER’s O&M Division committees are active with exciting projects – read all about them on our “Committee Happening” page. Our quarterly newsletter informs members of Division activities; announcements and news related to O&M; and related articles.
Meanwhile, O&M Division members set the following goals and issues for us to work toward in the coming years:
- Conferences and international meetings
- Professional development opportunities
- Growth and quality of the profession
- Recognition and awareness of the profession of O&M by others
- Understanding /support of O&M from supervisors and program planners
- O&M services provided by related service personnel without sufficient qualifications
- Professional standards and quality personnel preparation
- Environmental access issues
- Sufficient O&M services provided for all students/clients who need it
How can I become involved?
There are six O&M Division District Directors who serve on our Executive Committee as liaisons to members in states and provinces throughout the US and Canada. Please feel free to contact them with any issues or news that you want to share.
If you want to become involved in any of the committee projects, contact the committee Chair or our Chair Kevin Hollinger or other officers.
To become a member, you can join AER and indicate that you want to join the O&M Division for an additional $10. If you are already an AER member, simply send AER $10, indicating that you want to join the O&M Division, or go online and purchase your O&M Division Membership there.
We look forward to hearing from you!